leadership & training
Kelley Ashby Consulting specializes in helping non-profit organizations navigate through the unique challenges they face. Kelley’s services range from helping bridge the generational gaps in organizations, to helping with strategic planning, leadership development, and staff training, to assisting high schools, colleges, and universities in developing their students’ resume and interview skills. She has helped numerous non-profit organizations with planning and facilitating board and staff retreats. Kelley will tailor an individualized plan for your non-profit organization based on your needs.
using your emotions effectively
Emotional intelligence (EI) is the ability to use emotions effectively to create positive results. EI skills are the foundation of high-performing individuals, teams, and organizations. Kelley Ashby is a Genos Certified Emotional Intelligence Practitioner and Ignite Instructor who specializes in not only helping organizations improve individual and team performance but also helping students increase their Emotional Intelligence competencies to land their dream job.
Click here to learn the benefits of Emotional Intelligence and how it can help your organization, team, and/or students.
• The Emotionally Intelligent Leader – designed to help leaders and team members enhance their productivity and performance.
• Improve Sales with EI – designed to increase sales and improve customer service.
• The Resilient Leader – Managing Stress & Well-Being– designed to help leaders and team members enhance their workplace resiliency and remain productive during change and crises.
• Ignite EI Enhancement for Leaders – the “top of the line” training program designed specifically for leaders and supervisors looking for a “deep dive” into their emotionally intelligent leadership learning journey.
• The Engaging Leader – Increase Employee Engagement– designed to help leaders motivate and engage their teams.
• Emotional Intelligence Digital Program – designed to help leaders and employees measure their emotional intelligence and apply emotionally intelligent behaviors for work and personal success.
• The Mindful Leader – designed to help leaders and team members enhance their mindfulness and well-being.
• Build a Positive Workplace -designed to measure the emotional climate of your team and identify specific action steps to create a high performing team
• Assessments (self, 180°, and 360° for leaders)
• Individual and Group Interpretations of Reports
• Individual Coaching
• Group Trainings (1-hour, half-day, full-day, customized)
improving critical workplace skills
workplace skills training
Need to develop or improve the skills critical to workplace success for you or your employees? Want to prepare less experienced staff members for future leadership opportunities? We offer skills training in numerous areas that will lead directly to increased performance as well as enhance the workplace culture:
• Emotional Intelligence
• Strategic Planning
• Ethics in the Workplace
• Overcoming Challenges
• Managing Interpersonal Conflict
• Maximizing Performance through Supervision
• Developing a Mission and Vision
• Initiative and Follow Through
• Effectively Adapting to Change
multiple generations in your non-profit organization
bridge the age-gap
Have multiple generations in your non-profit organization? Need to bridge the age-gap of your board members, staff and volunteers? Kelley Ashby Consulting can help your non-profit not only deal with the generational gaps but actually benefit from the unique strengths each of these groups bring to your organization. Training and consulting options include:
• Understanding Various Generations
• Leveraging Strengths of Various Generations
• Overcoming Communication Problems
• Attracting, Recruiting & Retaining Age Diverse Talent
• Balancing Your Work Culture
• Leading, Managing & Supervising
• Motivating & Engaging
enhancing motivation, morale and performance
transforming organizational culture
Create a workplace environment where everyone’s motivation, morale, and performance are enhanced. Help your employees build a stronger personal connection to your organization’s mission and inspire them to take greater pride in and ownership of their work.
By understanding employees’ motives and needs and incorporating visionary leadership, you can transform your organizational culture into one where followers accomplish more than what is usually expected of them. Learn to effectively apply the four principles of Transformational Leadership:
• Idealized Influence
• Inspirational Motivation
• Individualized Consideration
• Intellectual Stimulation
understanding your team's talents
leveraging your team's strengths
“There is no more effective way to empower people than to see each person in terms of his or her strengths” (Don Clifton, Father of Strengths Psychology and Inventor of CliftonStrengths®). Help staff members understand their talents and what makes them unique so they know how to:
• Improve Performance
• Become a Better Teammate and Colleague
• Engage More at Work
• Be More Productive
• Maximize Their Potential
knowledge, values, abilities & behaviors
student leadership competencies®
The Student Leadership Competencies® were researched and developed by Dr. Corey Seemiller, the author of The Student Leadership Competencies Guidebook. Leadership competencies include the knowledge, values, abilities, and behaviors that help an individual contribute to or successfully engage in a role or task.
Numerous industries utilize leadership competencies for training and performance evaluation. The competencies can be used to communicate expectations, design intentional training, and to create a standardized method of assessing competency development (Student Leadership Competencies®). Learn how to develop, implement, and assess a competency-based approach for workshops and professional development trainings.
If you work in higher education, use the competencies to cultivate student development and provide students feedback on their competency proficiency. If you want to create a systematic process for implementing intentional leadership development strategies, measure leadership development on an institution-wide basis, or align your academic programs with accreditation standards, look into the Student Leadership Competencies®.
understanding your team's talents
Want to become the leader your team members will follow? The greatest teams in the most successful organizations incorporate a strengths-based approach to management and leadership (Don Clifton, Father of Strengths Psychology and Inventor of CliftonStrengths®). Become a more effective leader by discovering and applying three key strengths-based leadership principles:
• Knowing your own strengths and investing in others’ strengths;
• Finding people with the right strengths and getting them on your team; and
• Retaining talent by understanding and meeting the four basic needs of those you lead